nemo firefly vs dragonfly

Henry Shires designed a winner with that tent! I had no problem getting the fly and tent body into the divvy sack, and love the forethought of that little detail. Nemo Hornet Footprint and Nemo Dragonfly Footprint don’t come with the tents. The Dragonfly boasts great weather resistance, and I appreciated the large doors, vestibules, and interior storage features. From hiking boots to snow boots, these are the best winter boots for men of 2020, including top picks from Sorel, KEEN, Kamik, and more. ENLIGHTENED-EQUIPMENT: Our Award-Winning Economy Revelation Quilt is Back-in-Stock. I trust Nemo build quality too. Read more of his musings at seijisays.com. From clear, cool, late-August nights on the Teton Crest Trail, to mixed weather that included rain and wind on a five-day hike in Yellowstone’s Bechler Canyon area in September, the Nemo Dragonfly 2P displayed the weather protection and exceptional livability that distinguishes it as one of the very best two-person, three … Construction: Nemo Dragonfly vs Dagger Floor Area. This is an area where the NEMO Dragonfly really shines. Comfort and Convenience. At 88 inches in length, it can easily accommodate taller hikers, and 40 inches of headroom means you can sit up and move around without feeling cramped. We found the Dragonfly to be a rarity. I have the 2019 dagger 2p but have yet to take it on any trips (winter currently). I never felt cramped while sleeping, and changing clothes with a tentmate inside required the usual cooperation. The Best Fourth of July Sales Across the Web, Taller Than a Bear: Roofnest Sandpiper Rooftop Tent Review, 1 hubbed aluminum DAC Featherlite NFL 8.7mm pole, 10-denier nylon ripstop/No-See-Um mesh canopy, 20-denier Sil/PeU nylon ripstop (1200 mm) floor, 15-denier Sil/PeU nylon ripstop (1200 mm) fly. After reading the reviews and information about the Nemo Firefly 2 tent I decided to purchase one for my 100 mile wilderness hike. After extensive research of both tents, I have created this guideline to help you to pick the optimum one depending on your needs. Peter, the packed size is 19.5 inches long x 6.5 inches diameter (50 cm x 16 cm diameter). I bought a tent from our guru Philip and even it came in a non original bag. Order Yours Today! r/Ultralight is the largest online Ultralight Backpacking community! From the Nemo website, the Dragonfly is lighter but less resistant, and I'm not fond of the reduced size for the feet. Advice. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. In summary, Nemo Dagger is 12 oz heavier and packs down a little bit bigger than Nemo Dragonfly. I don't mind the extra weight with the Dagger. Just admire their brilliance an get another stuff sack–that’s what I usually do. Backpacking the White Mountain 4000 Footers Guidebook, UGQ Bandit Quilt Review (with Improved Features for Ground Sleepers), 200g vs 400g Insulated Winter Hiking Boots: How to Choose, What are the Differences Between Men’s and Women’s Sleeping Bags. This sub is about overnight backpacking with a focus on moving efficiently and packing light, generally aiming at a sub 10lb base weight. One of the biggest pros of the Nemo Dragonfly is its vestibule area which is 20 sq ft (10 sq ft on each door). Sleeping Pad, Feathered Friends Flicker 40 Quilt Sleeping Bag, HydroBlu Versa Flow Water Filter w/CNOC Reservoir, Type: Double wall with freestanding inner tent, Minimum Trail Weight: 2 pounds, 14 ounces, Fly material: 15D (denier) sil/ PeU-coated ripstop nylon, seam-taped, Tent material: 68D PU polyester bathtub floor, white and black noseeum netting, Poles: DAC Featherlite Aluminum poles with hubs. The twin vestibules are also huge, giving my four-legged companion spacious accommodations, even with my pack residing on the same side of the tent. Overall it's been a good balance of features for an all in one ultralight tent. We found the top car camping and family camping tents for every budget and use. The edges of the fly on the vestibules are catenary cut (cut on a curve) to allow for airflow even when the tent is all zipped up. Second, I’d swear the stuff sack was sewn on around the contents! This taper also happens with the floor: the head end is 50” wide, and the foot end is 45.” This means two wide (25”) pads won’t fit in the tent at the same time. With a superior design and high-quality materials, we think this tent will stand the test of time. Most people replace the crappy stakes included with the tents and get rid of the stuff sacks. Divvy dual sack to split the load with a partner, White No-see-um mesh at the sides to protect privacy during the day and black mesh at the top for better stargazing during the nights. You really can fit a lot of stuff in the Dragonfly due to it’s clever design. I prefer being able to stuff (rather than roll or fold) a tent into its “stuff sack” but when I do that with the Divvy Sack at half-size, I can’t get it to close all the way. They are both highly breathable due to their mesh top, and they both feature protected strut ventilation to condensations especially in bad weather. Support us! At the head end of the inner tent, the waterproof bathtub floor extends up the wall to meet this arc. The inner tent doors are C- shaped and run smoothly with one-handed operation. On a hot night with little likelihood of precipitation, you can roll up and stow both sides of the vestibule doors on both sides of the tent, and then roll them down quickly if it starts to rain. Hornet is a semi-freestanding tent while the Dragonfly is a freestanding tent. GOSSAMER-GEAR.COM: NEW DCF TENTS! As with many outdoor products, tents are an exercise in compromise. The Dragonfly has a 20 denier floor which users often augment with a NEMO-made or a homemade footprint/groundcloth. Also the Jake's feet take some getting used to and I was worried about their durability but I like them so far. Required fields are marked *. What made you choose the Dagger over the Dragonfly? Both doors have two-way zippers and a kickstand vent near the top. While Supplies last. The NEMO Dragonfly 2P backpacking tent checks all the boxes for two people headed out on the trail. I took the 2p Nemo Hornet. Seiji Ishii has enjoyed a lifetime of outdoor adventure and sports, from participant and competitor to coach and trainer, and finally as an editorial contributor. Minimal condensation in the morning, but nothing I was concerned about. Fly fabric of the Dragonfly is made of more dense material compared to the Hornet (Dragonfly: 15D Nylon Ripstop, Hornet: 10D Nylon Ripstop). Here is a comparison of clip distribution and interior volume that I’ve made; Both tents are highly breathable with their all mesh top. The Firefly upgrades the durability to a 68 denier floor, eliminating the need for a footprint. The Dragonfly is very well made, and should be worth the investment. 20: 38: 1: $329.95: MSR Hubba Hubba NX2 : 3 lbs. I used a Tyvek footprint but I'm getting the Nemo version that goes with the tent so I can setup under the fly. With this design, you are fully protected from rain, and the space between the inner and the fly at this spot creates a massive vent that’s always open. It’s easy to set up, and has great headroom, excellent ventilation even with the doors closed, and lots of smart design features that enhance its livability. The Firefly has lots of headroom, and, to save weight from a traditional dome shape, the height tapers off near the feet. The fly goes over the top of the poles. 1 oz. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Typical lightweight fabric, 30d floor which should be fine as long as ground is cleared. If you want an even more durable tent then check out my article where I compare MSR Hubba Hubba and Big Agnes Copper Spur. Nick spent his mostly unsupervised youth raising hell in the woods and ponds of 16 Acres in Springfield, MA (AKA Hell's Acres). When precipitation wasn’t a worry, the canopy’s abundant mesh delivered excellent ventilation and stargazing. ZPACKS.COM: The 2021 Free-Duo Freestanding Duplex Tent Backpack is now available. The tent fly doesn’t feel delicate, but the mesh does. If you’re looking for a tent that offers even more interior volume, check out my article where I talk about Nemo Dagger and Dragonfly. Both vestibule doors roll up on mild nights. In 15 years, NEMO Equipment has earned a reputation for out-of-the-box concepts. All-in-all, this was just what I was hoping for: a double-wall tent at a respectable weight that didn’t cost $500. So far I've had a great experience with my Nemo Dagger 2P. backcountry.com. It was easy to set-up, has lots of space inside, zippers are sufficient, very lightweight and packs easily.

Gross Dishonesty Case Law, Fountain Pump Parts, Toyota Rav4 3 Door For Sale Philippines, Passat B6 Maintenance Schedule, Dominic Read Online, Spider Baby Full Movie, Today Is Off Day, Billionaire God Of War Webcilo,

About the author:

You must be logged in to post a comment.