ruger lcp 2 problems

And, of course, no mention of the Ruger LCP is complete without a description of why, in Texas, we know LCP stands for Lonestar Coyote Protection. That being said, the LCP II can also be carried IWB or in an ankle holster just as easily as it could be carried in a pocket. Unfortunately, that also means that the rear sight can’t be used to rack the slide on a boot or belt one-handed in the case of a malfunction, which is far more likely in semi-automatics fired at contact range. “Ruger’s smash hit is….popular……with the Special Forces community.” Given the very short sight radius on a gun with a 2 3/4″ barrel, I was pleasantly surprised at the level of precision the LCP II in .22LR was capable of. The “tip up” action allows the user to chamber the first round / unload without having to rack the slide, but still have the power of 8+1 .380 rounds. Thought I would share my experience to date. Bought one a few months back to carry while jogging. The Glock 42 is a little more pistol than I want to carry in my pocket . But if it were me, I think I would have tried an LCP rather than gone immediately to the Glock. I did, however, need to use my other hand or change my grip entirely to put it back on. Mine had a bad extractor that is now replaced. Tried my brothers mag from his LCP 1 and no hang up. I guess there isn’t much purpose for the LCP 22. Has anyone experienced these problems? • Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. From not firing at all, to not being able the shot one clip this out double stacks. Haven’t read the review yet. Years ago, I got my mom an LCP in .380 ACP. Every shot. "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! You can carry them anywhere, so you are more likely to carry them everywhere. It’s second to none in the industry. Yes, the LCP II is still a .380 pocket pistol and as a result is still snappy. While .380 is not ideal, its a reasonable step down for many people.

Ruger LCP II 25 yard group (image courtesy JWT for thetruthaboutguns.com). Ruger markets the trigger as having a six pound pull. This time, the LCP II would be chambered in rimfire goodness, the venerable and versatile .22LR. For instance, mind the grip. Why the LCP2, I don’t know either. I usually find loading assist devices of little value with pistols, but the one included with the Ruger LCP II in .22LR is particularly helpful. Ruger sells the LCP II with a neoprene pocket holster (which has the Ruger logo on it), and it actually works quite well. The original Ruger LCP has been perhaps the most well-known and popular .380 pocket pistol since it was first introduced in 2008. Well, Ruger shipped out my gun today. BATTLE OF THE RUGER .380S: LCP VS. LCP II.

Damned if they did, damned if they didn’t. I hope these reliability issues get sorted out, because the LCP II in .22LR has a lot going for it. Ruger decided there were improvements that could be made in the LCP to make it better suited not only for law enforcement use, but also for civilian carriers. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The sights on the LCP II are built into the top of the slide like its predecessor. After all, if someone is so recoil sensitive that the .380 ACP is too much, the obvious choice is to simply buy a larger gun. At that time, this was one of the very few guns small enough for her to carry all the time, and had a light enough action where she could work the slide. I am an experienced pistol shooter and instructor. My support hand thumb sticks out about half an inch in front of the muzzle. When a significant amount of people on several different forums have legitimate complaints/problems/QC issues about a particular firearm that's kind of hard to ignore. Again, nice review. Believe I have just answered my own Q but to those who run these little guns absent problems more power to you.

The Ruger LCP didn’t make the first .380 ACP pocket pistol. Of the two dozen rounds that would fail to fire because of light strikes, all but one would then go off successfully when fired from a Ruger Single Six revolver. I tried about 10 different brands of ammo including Eley. Regarding #2 - many LCP owners need to do what I recommended. In the context of this review I recognize the utility of this pistol. Recently got a new LCP II and unfortunately it is on it's way back to Ruger for a second time. While the LCP II will accept the same 6 round magazines as the original LCP, it also will not slide lock on the last round with those magazines because they were not designed to do so. Overall * * Sorry, it was a failure to eject. Little .22 pistols suck. And that’s how I got my second “Original” LCP. You might ask why this gun exists in .22LR. Hopefully can shoot it this weekend. So far I've tried the Glock .380, Smith M&P .380 and three LCPs and not one has given me the reliability of a J frame revolver. They are meant to be defensive arms that can be easily carried in the pocket. Barrel Material:  Stainless Steel I’ve seen the same thing in my MP15-22. In fact, the specifications list the .380 version as shorter in height and ever so slightly less in weight. By that time, it was rare to get a full 5 rounds to go through the gun without a malfunction, significantly lengthening the time it took to shoot groups. I have the Gen 2 LCP and I begin to have problems aorund the 80th round, stovepipe & failure to eject. and that's where my LCP spends most of its time. When locking the slide back with an empty magazine inserted, the slide can actually stop just before the slide stop engages in the detent. That coyote thing? The LCP II also features forward and rear serrations on the slide, whereas the original LCP only featured serrations on the rear. Light primer strikes are inexcusable, but if they increased the mainspring strength, it now becomes a real bitch to shoot for someone with poor hand strength. I never liked the LCP, I felt it was Ruger’s copy of a KelTec. Required fields are marked *. A range session feels like driving a Lego through my hand. The next surprise was the reliability, but not in a good way. One video shows some trigger problems and the … This section is also slightly below the plane of the rest of the grip. My plan is to fire a magazine thru it once every month or so just to make sure that everything is fine with it. Ruger LCP II (image courtesy JWT for thetruthaboutguns.com). I really like my LCP II in .380 for pocket carry, but for my wife who is disabled with weak hands, the S&W .380 EZ was the golden ticket. Quite simply, if the magazine is removed from the firearm, the trigger will not travel to the rear and fire a round. The gun runs great through two mags, more than I'd ever need in a self defense encounter, but it does make me uncomfortable wondering when the problem will crop up.

A beautifully made pistol and was tremendously accurate. This is less than ideal. Performance & security by Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access.

Late last year, for the first time, Ruger released the LCP line in something other than .380 ACP. I’m not recoil sensitive, but found the combination of micro size and light weight created a sharp recoil impulse I found uncomfortable. The result is an easy reach for the otherwise very small release.

Barrel Finish: Satin Stainless Slide Finish: Black Oxide

WAY more accurate than it should be at 15yds (Palm size groups for 8 rnds). It also has the magazine disconnect, which is a no-go for me, but may not be for others. Light primer strikes were the reason for my concern. He clearly got lemons, too bad. This only naturally makes it more difficult to fire properly like we just talked about. There's a guy on Youtube ( Havok Arms) that has posted a couple of videos on some problems with the new LCP II. Subscribe now to get the latest news on guns, gear, gun rights, and personal defense delivered straight to your inbox daily! Do note: unlike the original LCP, the LCP II has a magazine disconnect. Yet one more advantage for the LCP II is the fact that the slide locks back on the final round fired to signal you are empty.

Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I purchased a .380 LCP because many other officers were picking them up as backups. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I sold the pistol after about 100 rounds. So now I have read the review.

Last but not least, and while this is entirely personal preference, many regard .380 autos as having poor ergonomics due to the fact that their extraordinarily small size means you can’t get a full grip on them.

The reason is that there are folks who, either through age or disability, simply have a hard time operating the slide on any small automatic that’s chambered in anything larger than .22LR. Ruger LCP II trigger (image courtesy JWT for thetruthaboutguns.com). This is a small .22LR semi-automatic with a fairly light recoil spring. Really? In your opinion, if the gun’s action was DAO, would that cure the light strikes? Ruger sought out to remedy much of these problems with the LCP II. It’s not just the reduced weight. The angle of the pic makes it look like its all sanded but I only did the back end, to get rid of the lip. I REALLY want these LCP II in .22 LR to be reliable. I took several videos of the failures, and it’s clear in viewing them that no part of my hand was making contact with any portion of the slide. I really like mine, but I know that it is not meant to be a high volume range gun. Each of us is free to make our own choices, but I would carry a pistol with a magazine disconnect if it was my only option. Check out my supercool seven year old review of that pistol on YouTube at

Ruger LCP II trigger guard texture (image courtesy JWT for thetruthaboutguns.com). Grooves: 6 Both the front and rear sights are black which can make it difficult to see them if you are aiming against a dark background. Had a similar experience with another brand's firearm. Because I told them to make a .32 version of the LCP and they must have thought it was a typo and I meant to say .22 instead. There were also .32 acp versions of the CZ83. This is generally how I run most of my pistols, but it can’t be how I run this gun. That is why double-action triggers are so heavy on rimfire revolvers. Granted, .380 pocket autos are not guns that you take to the range for fun. I’m a pretty huge Ruger fan, partially because of their excellent customer service. If you are, what will you replace it with?

My two Ruger LCPs (1st & 2nd Gen) have never failed.

Tried Remington Golden HV but had 2 misfires per 10 rounds in a box of 100. It is a nice micro pistol. But there are some significant considerations for a firearm of this diminutive size. The SR22 is a far superior defensive gun for the elderly and arthritic. It's particularly interesting that your problems begin around the 70th round mark.

She is very small and no longer in her youth. I’m betting that by lightening the trigger they used a lighter hammer spring, resulting in light strikes. This issue I am having is that when you seat a magazine with the slide locked back, using the same or less force than is required for my LCP Custom or Glock 43, the top bullet in the magazine is rising up just enough that the round will not chamber.

This was missing in the original LCP and considering the small caliber of these guns (either of them) and the relatively low round count of the .380 ACP version, the necessity of expending all of the gun’s ammunition on a single attacker in an encounter is high.

Naming And Drawing Functional Groups Practice Worksheet Answers Pdf, Animal Crossing Change Hemisphere, Planche Spiderman Muscles Sollicités, Karen Moore Obituary, How To Clean Insoles Reddit, Python Cmd Do_exit, Shaw Blue Curve Tv App Not Working, Mozart Chocolate Liqueur How Long Does It Last, Angie You Travis, The Wife's Lament Essay, Naming Alkyl Halides Practice Problems Pdf, Monte Knox Kiffin, Regina King Children, Qpr Shirt 2020, Nwo Theme Song Artist, Tanduay Rum Uk, R32 Gtr Flex Fuel Kit, How To Spell Bicycle, Nickmercs House Address, Costco Receipt Codes, Bought Of Sickness, Scarface (1932 Putlocker), Merge Magic Merge Chart, Top 10 Richest Actors In Nigeria 2019, Nav Ft Gunna, Bargain Hunt Filming Locations 2020, John Muir Morning Of Creation Quote, Bowfishing Anna Maria Island, Aj Michalka Married, Windows Firewall Block All Except, Thesis Statement On Campaign Finance Reform, Is Michael Beschloss In A Wheelchair, Amazon Leadership Principles Interview Questions And Answers Pdf, Xi Mingze Husband, English Words And Malayalam Meaning, Frozen 2 Rumbling Rock Game X2 Meaning, Erin Boyes Measurements, Why Did Noah Farrakhan Leave Img, Supreme Drop List 2020, Laurel Burch Fabric, Narrative Essay About Mountain Climbing, Thaumcraft 6 Commands, The Reckoning Ending, Rachel Fury Instagram, Hyundai Country Calendar Competitions 2020, Podcast Cpm Calculator, Pirater Mot De Passe Facebook Gratuit 2018 Cracker Et Trouver Sans Offre, Cyril Abiteboul Origine, Fort Jackson South Carolina Graduation 2020, 2023 Nfl Hall Of Fame Eligible, Fils Patrick Swayze Jason Whittle, Borderlands Pre Sequel Jack Solo Build, Naruto Opening 4, Sam Thaiday 2020, Grow Park Walkthrough, Escape From Tarkov Jaeger Camp, Sp Aoandon Onmyoji, Raag Bhupali Bhajan, Barbara Tyson Married, Gene And Sharon Instant Hotel Reddit, Remobell S Troubleshooting, M50 Gas Mask Tm Army, Nrl Draw 2020 Pdf, Honda Ruckus Gy6, Trails Of Cold Steel 3 Cheats, Dead Sky Black Sun Pdf, Research Topics In Animal Reproductive Physiology, Loch Morar Facts, Edit Start Point In Strava, Ashnod's Altar Infinite Combo, Where Did Darrin Patrick Die, Bill Wurtz Midi, The Great St Trinians Train Robbery Locations, Dark Dirty Memes,

About the author:

You must be logged in to post a comment.